Introduction to Shibori Design & indigo dyeing(Brisbane)
POPUP Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop.
Date and time options
- 9th Dec 2023 9:30am to 12:30pm or 14 Jan 2024 10am to 1pm
- Woolloongabba Substation. 45 Logan Rd, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs. Workshop is limited to 12 participants
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarves/teatowel/linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Refreshments are provided. Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.