Introduction to Shibori Design & indigo dyeing - Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop.
Date and time
- 17 February 2024, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- HERVEY BAY - Urangan Progress Hall, Pulgul Street Urangan. (Next Dayman general store, corner Dayman & Pulgul St)
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs. Workshop is limited to 8 participants
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarves/teatowels/linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.