Introduction to Shibori Design & indigo dyeing (Sunshine Coast)
This product option is unavailable. View other options.
POPUP Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop.
Dates and time
- 20th August 9:30am - 12:30pm
- The She Shed (create.connect.community)
97 Aerodrome Rd, Maroochydore QLD 4558
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs. Workshop is limited to 12 participants
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, stitching, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarves/pillow cases/teatowels/linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Refreshments are provided. BYO is welcome. Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.
We will assume that all participants will not have had any onset of any Covid19 symptoms or knowingly been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms in the previous 14 days.
If you have a booking and are feeling unwell please contact us, we will help rearrange the workshop.