Introduction to Shibori & indigo dyeing(Noosa Hinterland/Cooroy)
POPUP Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop. Lovely workshop to relax with friends and other creatives
Date and time
- 18 November 2023, 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- CWA Hall, 21 Maple St, Cooroy QLD 4563
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs. Workshop is limited to 10 participants
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, stitching, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarves/pillow cases/teatowels/linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Refreshments are provided. Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing. You are welcome to bring an additional item to dye.