Gold Coast: Introduction to Shibori Design & indigo dyeing
POPUP Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop.
Date and time
- Morning workshop 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Gecko Environment Centre, 139 Duringan St, Currumbin QLD 4223
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs.
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, stitching, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarf or teatowels or linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.
We will assume that all participants will not have had any onset of any Covid19 symptoms or knowingly been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms in the previous 14 days.
If you have a booking and are feeling unwell please contact us, we will help rearrange the workshop.