Gold Coast : Introduction to Shibori Design & indigo dyeing
POPUP Workshop. Fun, interactive way to learn the art of Shibori using an Indigo dye vat in this beginners workshop.
Date and times available
- 21 April 2024 : 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Location : Gecko Environmental Centre, 139 Duringan St, Currumbin QLD 4223
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs.
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, stitching, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarf or teatowels or linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.